This is life: Chapter 04 - Me and Mobile

Hey everyone! This is a story about a happy guy who used to live in peace untill the day .. a gang of crazy scientists invented one of the biggest revolutions of this era .. the mobile technology. You pretty much love mobile phones dont you?? I used to love mine too .. i was so happy the day i got my first personal phone "The Nokia 1108". Unaware of the aftereffects of using such a  technology, i kept on enjoying it. Months passed by and one day it happened. I woke up in the late morning and went to bath and stuff ( WC :] ) and suddenly my phone started ringing. I kept on wondering who would be calling so i finished everything super fast and ran to pick the call. 
Me: Hello!!
He: Hey! Where were you?? Im calling from past 5 mins.
Me: Well .. i just woke up.
He: If you woke up then why werent you picking it??
Me: well .. i was in the bathroom. You know .. the morning stuff??
He: Oo .. ok sorry i disturbed you.
Me: Thats ok ... but why were you calling me again and again?? I mean 1 call is enough i think to let someone know and moreover there is a missed call feature in every phone.
He: Yea you werent picking so i called again. I was wondering why arent you picking.
Me: So u didnt wonder that i might be busy into something?? 
He: Yea but you should pick the phone anyways.
Me: -.-"
That day i realised why they call it personal phone. Coz the phone is the ticket to your personal life. No matter where you are, no matter what your doing, people expect you to pick the phone in any case. If you dont .. you have to answer them why were you not picking it?? So now i had to answer people why i was busy. Who gave caller this much right to question what im busy into in my personal life .. perhaps the phone. That day my point of view changed towards my phone. I realised .. the thing is killing my personal life .. like a slow poison. 
There are even some people who keep the phone next to their pillow so they dont miss even a single message. They are phone addicteds. Phone is their life. Reading SMS is their timepass. Then their are some who love watching MMS .. ( hmm lets skip this part :D). Then ive been asked one of the stupidest question ever by some one of the freakest of all mobile addicteds community .. 
Addicted: So ambu where were u in the night .. u werent picking up the phone??
Me: hmm .. well lets see .. where could i be .. mmm .. how about this .. I WAS SLEEPING!
There is another instance thats totally strange. If you dont call someone .. he will assume that you dont remember him/her. Now someone tell me this .. how come remembering someone is associated with calling?? One thing i could never understand in mobile phones is the RED button. That is actually the ego button as believed by people. If you cut someones call with red button which means "Im sorry but im busy for some time. I'll call you back later", people actually get hurt .. can u believe? :D People take it like .. what the hell?? How come he cut my call??   2-3 years ago .. i was like totally pissed from my cell phone so i stopped using it all the time. I actually restricted its use .. i used to put it on silent while working, while sleeping, while driving, while im enjoying my personal life, even while im to WC, while  everything i thought is important. So my frnds were super pissed like hey why do u not respond to your phone, man throw your phone, when do u pick it?? But i didnt care .. i had no other way to set everything to place .. phone at its own place .. and personal life at its own. From that day i started saying my personal phone as just a phone coz it was no longer a ticket to my personal life. I still sometimes admire this small thing .. this amazing technology .. but people should learn about phone ethics so it never tears apart someone's personal life .. so you dont have to answer someone that i was in WC so missed the call. Peace.

3 comments:

Axe said...

How true.. but you missed one thing... People are so much addicted to the mobiles that they dont even care about the people around them and are busy in their cell life.

Cell phone is the only means of "Time pass" or something that refreshes them and the worst thing is that they are DePeNdEnT upon this small electronic box like anything. Just cut mobile out of their lives for 2 days only and they will find it so hard to live. They wont find ANYTHING else in life to do without it. Anyway nevermind.

Unknown said...

...now that is an honest review on the side-effects of the mobile phone. I recently somewhere read that "If the theory of evolution is true then soon the children are going to be born with cell phones in there heads". I totally agree with all the frustrating things which this technology has given us. No doubt it has brought us all so near, but under the cover this technology is creating a great social gap among ourselves.

I see everywhere around me people talking to themselves but then I remember... ah! the world is an asylum and I am one of them :)

AMBUJ JOSHI said...

well said .. btw im gonna try sketching those evolved babies :D lets see wat comes out